Work at SPR
Spokane Public Radio Account Representative
SPR is looking for a self-motivated professional to represent the stations to existing and potential program underwriters and print advertisers. This person is a team player who loves the challenge of working in today’s competitive world, who can also handle important details.
Under the supervision of the Underwriting Director, develops proposals and presents underwriting, special event and web opportunities to businesses, professionals, non-profits and advertising agencies. Explores prospects, signs, renews and services new and current underwriting partners for KPBX, KSFC and KPBZ. Attains and surpasses financial goals individually and as a team. This position will participate in station activities and events.
- Listener to KPBX, KSFC or KPBZ.
- College courses in business, marketing, or telecommunications and two years of sales or development experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- The ability to deal effectively with a variety of public and private clients and groups; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office and online searches.
- Experience in personal and electronic contact of prospective and client companies, the use of media research tools, and the creation of presentation materials.
- Must be able to travel in Spokane and to areas of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and 3 references electronically in three separate document attachments to SPR at email@example.com. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Spokane Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continually supporting, promoting, and building an inclusive and culturally diverse organization.